Summer is here, which means grilling and campfires. Healthy and tasty food makes camping and your outdoor adventures more enjoyable and memorable. Try these five food ideas to make your camping meals extra delicious.
Grilled Hot Pastrami Sandwich
With the grilled hot pastrami sandwich, summer grilling just got better. It is a good and easy idea to enjoy your camping meal.
1 cup Dried French Onions
1 pkg Provolone Cheese Sliced
1 pkg Pepper Jack Cheese Sliced
½ cup Diced Purple Onions
2-3 lbs. Sliced Pastrami
6 Hoagie Style Rolls
- On one-half of your roll, add a layer of several slices of pastrami.
- Add 2 slices of provolone cheese like other layers of pastrami.
- Top with more pastrami and 2 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Add 2 more slices of dried French onions and provolone cheese.
- Now wrap in foil and until ready to grill, keep chilled.
- Bring your grill to 350 degrees.
- Add foil-wrapped sandwiches to the grill after the oven is heated, turn the heat down.
- Close the lid and bake them for near 15 minutes.
- Once your meal is hot and cheese is melted, remove it carefully and unwrap it. Enjoy!
Campfire French Toast
Camping is one of the best ways to spend time together with your friends or family. To make your camping trip special, you must have good friends and good food. To do so, campfire French toast is the ideal food, isn’t it?
¼ cup Milk
¼ cup Sliced Almonds
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 loaf of Bread of Choice
1 container of 500g of Fresh Strawberries
Syrup of Choice
- Wash the strawberries, then dice half of your container and slice the rest of the half.
- To make the bread slices fall slightly open, in parchment paper, wrap the loaf of bread and after that in foil loosely.
- Sprinkle the diced strawberries over the loaf, take care to sprinkle some of it between the slices. For afterward, set aside the sliced strawberries.
- Like the diced strawberries, sprinkle the sliced almonds over the loaf.
- Whisk vanilla, eggs, cinnamon, and milk until frothy. After that, wrap the parchment paper and foil very tight around the loaf of bread. Before you wrap it tightly, pour eggs completely over the entire loaf of the bread with a top piece of foil to make sure that there is no leak.
- Place it over the campfire on low to medium heat for approximately 40 minutes. To cook evenly, move it around occasionally. And still, if the bread looks soggy, cook it for a little longer.
- Before serving it with the syrup, sugar and sliced strawberries, remove from the heat and rest for 10 minutes.
Campfire Cinnamon Roll-Ups
Of course, campfire food is pretty much the best food on the earth and it is a proven fact. Campfire cinnamon roll-ups are easy to make with just three easy-to-pack ingredients and it only takes about 5 minutes to cook over an open flame. This can be a fantastic camping breakfast along with some orange juice. This really sounds amazing, doesn’t it?
¼ cup Sugar
1 package Crescent Rolls
1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- To mix the sugar and cinnamon, use a small bowl.
- Before you wrap the crescent rolls around the skewer, separate them.
- Roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Cook them for 5 minutes over the campfire and move it occasionally.
- Add 2-3 tbsp water and ¼ cup powdered sugar together, making a glaze and drizzle it over the cooked roll-up.
Cinnamon Rolls Baked in Orange
If you are looking for a new dessert to make outdoors this summer, then look no further because cinnamon rolls baked in orange is an ideal meal to enjoy your camping.
6 large Navel Oranges
1 can cold Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon roll icing
- Preheat your oven or campfire to 375ºF.
- Cut off the top 1/3 of your orange.
- To scoop out the insides of the oranges, use the handle of a spoon. To make orange juice, reserve the inside of the oranges.
- To place roll into each orange, open the can of cinnamon rolls.
- Replace the tops of the oranges before you wrap in foil.
- For 25-30 minutes, move the wrapped oranges into the oven or campfire.
- To add icing onto each cinnamon roll, remove the tops of the oranges and the foil. Enjoy your meal!
Cheesy Dutch Oven Potatoes
These are loaded with bacon and of course, cooked to perfection in the oven or over hot coals. Cheesy Dutch Oven Potatoes are ideal for camping.
Pepper and salt
Cleaned and sliced potatoes
- Slice your onions and potatoes first and set them aside.
- Chop up your bacon and place it to your warm Dutch oven.
- Spoon out your cooked bacon. After that, leave the grease in the bottom of your pan.
- Before you sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, add a layer of potatoes.
- Add a layer of onions which is followed by a layer of cheese. Top them with bacon and repeat the layers.
- On a grill or with hot coals, cook the potatoes until they are soft. It may take about 45 minutes.
Now you know about the healthy and tasty food ideas for camping. These recipes are easy to make and time-saving, by the way. As we know, successful camping means to enjoy every second of your trip and have the best foods.
These recipes are brought you by Alamin Howlader, founder of Kitchen Product Reviewed. Alamin recommends this multi-purpose pancake griddle for the Grilled Hot Pastrami Sandwich.