Moms today should indeed be labeled as Super Woman! Ok, forget Super Woman. How about super human?! We’ve always been master jugglers – but 2020 has thrown the whole world for a loop and I believe us mamas need more praise!
In the past 6 months alone, you’ve probably played every role there is to play within your family, all while trying to carve out some spaces and time for you. It was already a struggle during “normal times,” and now… “me time” might seem non-existent!
Here are some tips to help you to continue to thrive as a super woman so that you can always be the super mama your family needs you to be:
- Ask for support! As women, we tend to shy away from this, but it is so needed for your overall well-being. Communicate your needs and let someone assist (whether it be your spouse, family members or your girlfriends) in making sure you can spend time taking care of you.
- Create a list of things that make you feel like your best self – ideally activities that you enjoy doing alone. This may be a challenge for you to come up with at first, even more reason why this list is needed!
- From that list choose your top three! These are now your non-negotiables. What’s that? A non-negotiable is something you truly love and value that will have a priority in your life. In a sense, you’re making a promise to yourself that you will incorporate these things into your life because of the positive impact they’ll provide.
Now, let’s capitalize on the pockets of time you do have even if it’s just 30 minutes to an hour a day/week. Here are some examples:
- Early morning before kiddos wake up.
- Naptime (if you have a child that still naps)
- Quiet time
- Early evening after dinner
- Evening after kids have gone to bed
Jot down what these pockets of time looks like for you! Implementing this may take some time, but it will happen! That’s the exciting part.
Get excited, mama! Because you actually have a plan. You know what fills your cup and you may even have a better idea of when you can fit those joys into your current lifestyle.
Take on this challenge and enjoy this gift you’re giving yourself, and do so without any guilt! You are more than deserving. After all, you’re a super woman and a super mama!