Mark your calendars: Sunday, June 21 is Father’s Day!
I don’t know about you, but I continually struggle with picking out the perfect gift for the men in my life. When I asked my husband what was on his Father’s Day wish list, his first response was, “Nothing.” After slightly more prodding, he finally appeased me with, “A gift card to Lowe’s.” While I’m not opposed to gift cards, I have to admit they aren’t the most original gesture in the world.
While wracking my brain trying to think of something different, I came up with this simple Father’s Day Gift Guide. Hopefully, it can inspire some of you this year!
For the Coffee Connoisseur
- Coffee – Well, this one is pretty obvious! A bag of quality coffee makes a great gift and is much more of a treat than whatever you typically pick up at the grocery store. Check out our guide to local coffee shops to find the perfect pick for the caffeine lover in your life!
- Coffee Grinder – An at-home bean grinder is a must for the freshest taste possible.
- Mug – I’m a sucker for a coffee mug, as is my husband. Amazon is full of options, but if you have a little more time on your hands, I recommend ordering a personalized cup with photos of the kids.
For the Craft Beer Aficionado
- Personalized Wooden Beer Caddy – I got this for my husband for our fifth wedding anniversary, and it was a hit. While it may not be the most practical gift, it is truly unique and fun. (Etsy has tons of options – many of which also include a handy bottle opener.)
- DIY Six-Pack – It only makes sense to fill your personalized beer caddy with an assortment of craft beers! Most local groceries allow the option to create your own customized six-pack, which is a great way to try something new and stick with a few tried and true picks.
- Trip to a Brewery – As Ohio continues to open, many local breweries are back in business. Be sure to read our guide to Dayton area breweries before heading out.
For the Guy that has Everything
- Docking Station – This is the perfect catch-all for just about anything! I got my husband a docking station last year, and it sits on his bedside table holding his phone, wallet, keys, wedding ring, and loose change.
- Charcuterie Board – I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t enjoy a charcuterie board, and they make delicious gifts. You can create your own at the grocery store, or if you’re looking for more of an experience, you can order a custom-made board from @dytcharcuteriegal or Crafted & Cured.
For the Sentimental Type
- Picture Frame – This tends to be my go-to gift for Father’s Day. I have ordered personalized frames from Etsy, and I’ve also dabbled in crafting with simple magnetic frames and lots of stickers. Framed photos are a timeless gift that never goes out of style.
- Key Chain – A practical gift can turn sentimental with a personalized touch. I’ve bought my husband keychains with our kids’ pictures and dates of birth. (Etsy and Shutterfly are great resources for both!)
- Anything Handmade – If you’re a little too late to order anything personalized, handmade is where it’s at. A construction paper card, a handwritten letter, or an “All About Daddy” survey all make sweet keepsakes. Top it off with breakfast in bed or a favorite home-cooked meal.
While tangible gifts are nice, nothing can compare to telling the special men in our lives just how much we love and appreciate them. To my own husband: I’m so thankful our kids have a dad that is truly invested in their lives, isn’t afraid to look silly to make them smile, and works hard for our family every day. We love you more than you know!
From all of us at DMC to you, Happy Father’s Day!