Bonfires and hoodies. Apple cider and pumpkin pice lattes. Crunching leaves under our feet. And all the fall foods. I am definitely here for all of it.
I love the pumpkin rolls and the sweet potato soufflé. The baked apples and the soups. I love dicing and sautéing. Baking and slow cooking.
But as a full time working mama of three busy girls, I don’t always have the time I want to prepare the fall foods I love.
Sometimes though, I want some of my favorite fall foods. So I am going to share with you a few of my favorite simple fall recipes. None of these are my recipe. I’ve just adapted them and found a few tricks to make them a bit easier!
- Peeled, cored, diced apples
- Slow cooker
- Put the apples, cinnamon and a tiny bit of water in a crockpot on low for about 5-6 hours (or high for 3-4). When apples are soft, mash with a fork. I know applesauce is cheap at the store. But fresh applesauce cooking all day smells and tastes so good.
Sweet Potato Hash
- Diced or shredded sweet potatoes
- Diced onions and peppers
- Sautee sweet potatoes and onions and peppers in a frying pan until soft and crispy (just like with regular fried potatoes). Best served with a fried egg. This dish can actually take some time to prepare so a few tricks to make it easier: shred the potatoes or microwave them just a couple of minutes to start the cooking process and make dicing easier. I also dice peppers and onions for one meal and save extras for another day. If they are already diced, it makes cooking this meal even easier!
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 tub of cream cheese frosting
- Mix the pumpkin and cake mix together. Don’t add anything else. Bake in muffin tins (large or mini) as the package says. Once cool, top w/ frosting.
Do you have any easy fall food favorites? Please share, I’d like to try them as well!