Part of attacking monstrous tasks is just getting started. Here are some quick tips to car seat detailing, along with the at-home items that make detailing even the worst “car seat casseroles” a nightmare of the past.
Car Seat Detailing in a Dash Kit:
- 30 minutes – Carve out 30 minutes for disassembly, cleaning and reassembly.
- Toothpick – For knocking out the grim within the tiny crevices found within the seat belt buckle and the safety strap buckles.
- Baby wipes – To spot clean the car seat cover, straps, buckles and actual seat.
- Handheld vacuum – To remove all visible crumbs inside and underneath the car seat and car seat cover.
- OXO deep clean brush – Brush away the crud on the car seat straps and buckles, and crumbs underneath the car seat. Use a baby wipe on the area, brush the grim, and wipe away.
- Cell phone flashlight or old school flashlight – To give you a clear view of all the crevices and caverns where crumbs hide.
Due to the extremely nasty nature of the car seat, I removed it completely from the car to vacuum the seat and give it some much-needed respite. If the condition of your car seat is not a state of emergency, you can save some time by keeping it strapped in the vehicle.
Enjoy your detailing in a dash!