This year, Grandparents Day is Sept. 13! While this special day will look rather different this year, most likely minus the lunches and celebrations at schools, there are still many ways to make the day special and show the grandparents how much you love and appreciate them!
Most of these ideas below can be done safely and protect grandparents if the virus is of concern.
- Send a special delivery. Does Grandma like flowers? Or maybe you want to make dinner a little easier on them? How about a pizza or dinner delivery? This would be such a welcomed surprise!
- Decorate their front porch or yard. Adding a yard sign or balloons to the front porch could be a fun way to give your kiddos an activity and surprise the grandparents. There are so many ways this can be done, so let the kiddos get creative! Have a fun group of grandparents who appreciate a nice chuckle? Decorate their car, too!
- Parade around. Have a small parade for them! This would work especially well for bigger families who want to go in together to surprise them! Have a central meeting location and decorate cars with signs and balloons. From there, you can parade on over to the grandparents.
- Outdoor adventures. Want to see the grandparents but also want options that allow for more social distancing? Go on an outdoor adventure! Getting outside and in the fresh air can be a welcoming sight if a grandparent is feeling cooped up during this time. A bike ride or outdoor picnic could be a nice treat!
- Homemade gifts. Homemade gifts give your children an opportunity to participate and show the grandparents some homemade love. Whether you make a card with their handprints or maybe a wooden sign they can display, there are endless ways to create.
Do you have any specific plans for this Grandparents Day? If so, share below!