The past few months have felt a little (or a lot) like Groundhog’s Day. With some form of social distancing in effect for the foreseeable future, we compiled a list of things our contributors have been enjoying to pass the time. (I’ve highlighted a few of my personal choices).
If you’re feeling a little like every day is a repeat of the previous day, check out our quarantine picks and discover some new entertainment!
- Tiger King – a DMC favorite across the board. As one contributor put it, “I can’t stop – it’s a train wreck!”
- Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist – such a fun, unique show about a woman who gains the ability to hear the thoughts of others – in song!
- Little Fires Everywhere
- Schitt’s Creek
- Forensic Files
- Generation BSC – that’s right… there is an entire podcast devoted to discussing all things The Baby-sitter’s Club. Sometimes we can have nice things after all.
- Courageous Parenting
- Ear Biscuits
- Decoding Westworld
- The Naked Marriage
- Fierce Marriage
- Armchair Expert
- My Favorite Murder
- Hoopla – if you’re missing the library as much as I am, Hoopla connects to your library card and gives you instant access to a wide variety of audiobooks, e-books, music, and movies.
- Marco Polo
- Fetch Rewards
- Anything by Elin Hilderbrand – a DMC favorite author. You really can’t go wrong with any of her titles!
- Hillbilly Elegy
- Get Out Of Your Head by Jennie Allen
- Fancy Nancy– my daughter has recently discovered this adorable series and is crazy over the French obsessed and fabulous Nancy!
- Pete the Cat – another popular child choice
- Apple donuts – check out these healthy and cute alternatives to the deep-fried version from our contributor, Katie!
- Cheesy Fajita Baked Chicken
- Ground Turkey Meatloaf
- Bread is really having its moment in quarantine after years of low carb being the fad.
Take Out Orders
- Old Scratch Pizza – while we love their pizza, we’re also raving about their to-go cocktails, specifically the mule and the sangria.
- Cherry House Café – any family meal
- Thai 9
- Lily’s Bistro – fried chicken dinner does not disappoint!
- India Chaat Café
- Hand lettering
- Creating chalk art
- Puzzles, puzzles … so many puzzles!
- Neighborhood walks and bike rides
- Hikes – Dayton is home to many great hiking trails. Be sure to check social media pages before heading out to see what is currently open.
- Flying kites
There you have it – a few things that are helping us get through this quarantine time. Do you have any favorites to add to the list?