Mother’s Day might look a little bit different this year, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t find fun and creative ways to celebrate mom!
Here are a few ideas to help create a memorable Mother’s Day. And moms, be sure to share this link with your significant others to drop a hint or two!
Time for a Break
- Let her sleep in – get up with the kids and keep them quiet until she’s gotten some extra sleep!
- Remove all of the “chores” from her to-do list. What is mom’s least favorite chore? Start with that one and work your way around the house tidying up & cleaning – what a gift!
- Break out the cookbooks and put together some of mom’s favorite dishes!
- Gather some flowers from the yard (even just some sweet little dandelions will do) and put them in a vase on the table (or on a tray if you decide to bring her breakfast in bed).
- No time to cook? No problem! Check out this list of some of our favorite restaurants available for pick-up!
- Don’t forget a nice warm cup of coffee!
Spa Day at Home
- Order some bath bombs, soaps, candles and lotions online.
- Take the kids for a nice long walk or bike ride around the neighborhood while mom retreats to a nice, warm bubble bath.
- Make sure she has a nice fresh towel and bathrobe ready to lounge in, too!
Plan a Picnic
- Does she really love the great outdoors? Pack up some lunch and take the family to a park, or the backyard, for a picnic!
- Don’t let mom jump in to help – just keep it simple and just pack some easy sandwiches, snacks, and drinks that you know everyone will enjoy.
- No matter how old or young her children may be, mom will always cherish homemade cards!
- Bust out some craft paper, scissors, tape, or glue and made a homemade flower bouquet – no real skill required, except maybe some patience with the kids.
- Take that flower bouquet up one notch and give this craft a try if you happen to have some felt and buttons handy.
Gifts for the Future
Make a “gift card” booklet with things that you can do for mom in the future:
- Family Photo Session
- Coffee Date
- Trip to the Salon
- Trip alone to the store of her choice
- Hide clues all around the house describing all the ways that mom is loved.
- Let the kids help to think up some hiding places, too!
- The “treasure” at the end of the hunt could be some of the homemade cards or crafts made with love for mom!