1. First Friday @Downtown Dayton Partnership
***DMB Tip*** Pick one main attraction to do as a family with a backup destination if you feel like continuing on in the night. Can be for families or date night depending on where you focus on going.
- March 1, 2019
First Friday of every month has happening things in Downtown Dayton. From exhibit openings at galleries, to live music at bars and restaurants. Check out their facebook page for included entertainment and specific details.
2. Tiny VanGogh @Decoy Art Center
***DMB Tip*** Check out their art opportunities for all ages.
- March 7, 14 & 21, 2019
- Ages 6–18 months
- $45 per student for 3-week session (adult included)
- March Theme: Sights, Sounds, and Smells of Spring
A parent (guardian, grandparent, caregiver) and baby sensory art class. Encourage cognitive growth through texture, color, and actions with the exploration of touch, sight, and smell. Dress for messy play. Each class includes exploration stations and a project to take home.
3. Tiny Thursdays @Dayton Art Institue
***DMB Tip*** Explore a part of the exhibits asking open-ended questions with your little.
- March 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2019
- Ages 2–5
- $6/child with member caregiver; $8/child with non-member
- March Theme: Outer Space
Activities include a story time, gallery visit and make-and-take art project. Register in advance by calling (937)223-4ART or register the day of at Guest Services.
4. St Patrick’s Day at the Market @2nd Street Market
***DMB Tip*** Come hungry and eat from the many tasty vendors
- March 9, 2019
Browse the market with live Celtic music and a performance by youth dancers from the Celtic Academy of Irish Dance
5. Kids in the Kitchen @Kate’s Plate
***DMB Tip*** Aprons provided, but wear tennis shoes and pull long hair back.
- March 11, 2019
- Ages 4–8
- $60 for child AND adult
- March Menu: Beef Burritos, Super Guac & Veggies, and Cinnamon Tortilla Dippers with Greek Yogurt Sauce
Tracey Williams of Thyme 2 Get Cooking LLC brings a hands-on instructional class of 2 hours for an adult and child. Learn alongside one another to prepare, cook, then enjoy your meal together.
6. Parents’ Survival Night @The Little Gym
***DMB Tip*** Great time to try the facility. Look into a trial class if your kid enjoys their night.
- March 15, 2019
- Ages 3–12
- $30 for members; $35 non-member; $5 for additional sibling
Parents’ Survival Night is a break from the kids, or kids having a break from their parents. During the night, kids enjoy music and games in the gym led by trained instructors. While also having fun LEGO DUPLO and LEGO Juniors building actives. Call (937)975-1116, text (937)400-1263 or go online to reverse a spot.
7. Family Day @National Museum of the US Air Force
***DMB Tip*** Entry is free, but bring some cash if interested in riding the simulators or catching an imax show
- March 16, 2019
- March Theme: Meteorology Mania
Hands-on stations and demos throughout the museum showcasing aerospace principles. March features aspects of how weather affects flight.
8. Hoopla STEM Challenge @CJ
***DMB Tip*** Expected to draw a crowd to capacity. Although a free event, registration highly encouraged (parents/chaperones do not need a ticket).
- March 17, 2019
- Check-in 12pm, Event Kick-off 1pm
- Free (pre-registration for participants) boys and girls K–8
Hot-shot basketball contest with prizes for every shot made (Pizza, Hoopla T-Shirts, 2019 NCAA First Four tickets, iTunes and Scene75 Gift Cards and multiple GRAND PRIZES). Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) partner program on site.
9. Art Start Preschool Story Time @Rosewood
***DMB Tip*** Unique way to share local art with our youth.
- March 18, 2019
- Ages 3–6
- Third Mondays. Free and open to the public
Storytime with a Dayton Metro Librarian inside the Rosewood Art Gallery, followed by a craft led by a Rosewood instructor. This unique story time invites children to experience local art.
10. The Great Salamander Search @Greene County Parks & Trails
***DMB Tip*** Dress for a walk in the woods.
- March 22, 2019
- Ages 3–5
- Free, located at Narrows Reserve, Xenia, OH
Crafts, story time, and a walk in the woods searching for wild salamanders.
11. Come Find Art! @Springfield Museum of Art
***DMB Tip*** Ignite exploration of this great, local museum
- March 24, 2019
- Free, last Sunday each month during school year
Sessions include an art project and time with the Interactive Art Gallery.
12. Signs of Spring @Five Rivers Metro Parks
***DMB Tip*** Part of their Conservation Kids series. Look for more dates in their program guide
- March 30, 2019
- Ages 3–13
- Free, Registration requested (deadline 3/30), walk-ins welcome
- Englewood Metro Park, Vandalia, OH
Look around for signs of spring, seasonal changes, and nature’s reemergence. Weather Dependent.