Hosting a party and not sure what to make? Or need a quick meal? Try nachos!
Not just any nachos, but jerk chicken nachos. The jerk seasoning has quickly become one of my favorites and I find myself using it not only for this recipe, but for just about all my meat seasonings. Putting it on steak is my favorite. It has just enough of a kick with great flavor. The seasoning I use is from Pampered Chef (Jamaican Jerk Rub), but I have found Caribbean Jerk seasoning at my local grocery store that has a very similar flavor.
Back to the nachos! This is a quick (under 30 minutes) meal that we often have on weeknights, but it’s a great appetizer/snack for big parties, like a birthday party. Even our son loves this. In the summer, I make this probably about every other week… It’s. That. Good.
This goes great with a light beer (I love Summer Shandy) or cider.
Ready to try it yourself? Click HERE for the recipe!
There are a couple of things I do differently than what the recipe calls for.
- I layer the nachos. My husband had this great idea so that every chip is filled with the decadent toppings.
- Instead of a lime, I use lime juice from a bottle.
- I shred my chicken in the food processor to save time. I have also used my hand mixer. The food processor gives you a really fine small shred and the hand mixer is a thicker shred.
- I have used cooked chicken in a can – not terrible, but not my favorite.
- When they are done cooking, I turn off the oven and leave them in there for another 5 or so minutes to get the chips extra crunchy.
- I sprinkle some extra Jerk seasoning on top – I seriously can’t get enough!
- Use hot sauce as a topping if you like a kick in flavor.
Let me know the verdict on this recipe and your family or friends reaction. What nacho recipes do you love?