2022 is here with a bang, and January has flown by for most of us. We are now hitting the cold and sometimes snowy month of February and that means inside days, and boredom starts to hit all of us. Never fear – we have you covered on all our favorite Family-Friendly Events to catch this month to beat those gloomy Winter days.
The hit Broadway play by Lin-Manuel Miranda follows the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton.
- The Schuster Center 1 W 2nd St., Dayton, OH 45402
- Jan 26-Feb 6, 2022 (various showtimes)
- Price Varies-Grab your Tickets Here
2. KINDNESS ROCKS-Dayton Metro Library
Stop in to the Trotwood Dayton Metro Library Branch and use your creativity to paint a rock and then give it away to someone. Spread Kindness with Rocks.
- Dayton Metro Library Trotwood Branch (855 E. Main St., Trotwood, OH 45426
- No Registration Required, While Supplies Last
- FREE EVENT
3. BOOK AN ESCAPE ROOM-WEST CARROLLTON DAYTON METRO LIBRARY
Book a Community Room for your family’s own private Escape Room style event. Families will have one hour to use teamwork and critical thinking skills to solve a series of puzzles to open locked boxes in the room.
- Dayton Metro Library-West Carrollton 300 E Central Ave., West Carrollton, OH 45449
- Mondays in February 4:00-5:00pm
- FREE EVENT
- All supplies will be provided.
- To reserve your space, please register online or call the library at 937-463-2665 and ask for the West Carrollton Branch.
4. GALENTINES CUPCAKE CLASS
- 1490 N. Fairfield Rd. Suite B Beavercreek, OH
- Feb. 13th at 1pm
- Admission for 2-$60
Grab your Tickets Here
5. DINOSAUR WORLD LIVE
Meet a host of impressive creatures, including every child’s favorite flesh-eating giant, the Tyrannosaurus Rex, a Triceratops, Giraffatitan, Microraptor and Segnosaurus! Don’t miss this entertaining and mind-expanding Jurassic adventure, live on stage.
- Victoria Theatre 138 N Main ST., Dayton, OH 45402
- Feb. 2nd 7:30pm
- Admission $29 Grab Your Tickets Here
6. DADDY DAUGHTER DANCE CLASS
Daddy’s and Daughters are invited to come learn a fun dance together! They will provide cookies, coffee, and juice!
- Turn Out Dance Academy 274 S. Main ST., Waynesville, OH 45068
- Sat. Feb. 5, 2022 10:00am-11:00am
- $15 per couple, $5 per extra child
- Register Online Here
7. BOONSHOFT VALENTINE’S EVENING UNDER THE STARS
Share the stars with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery! Enjoy a romantic evening in our planetarium featuring romantic music and timeless constellation love stories in the stars.
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery 2600 Deweese Pkwy., Dayton, OH 45414
- Sunday, February 13, 2022 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Tickets Available Soon
- More Info Here
8. PRESCHOOL NATURE SERIES: WATER IN WINTER
Join the Centerville-Washington Parks dept. as they discover the many different properties of Water in Winter. They will investigate water as a liquid and a solid while learning how important snow is for wildlife. Ages 3 – 5 with adult companion.
- Kennard Nature Nook 6588 McEwen Rd.Centerville, OH 45459
- Thursday, February 17th, 9:30am-10:30am
- Free for Residents, $4 for nonresidents
- Registration deadline: Tuesday, February 15
- Registration Required, Click Here to Register
9. DAYTON AUTO SHOW
Dayton’s biggest event of the year at the Dayton Convention Center. Brand New Auto Show with over 30 manufacturers all under one roof!
- Dayton Convention Center 22 East Fifth St., Dayton OH 45402
- Thursday, February 24 – Sunday, February 27, 2022
- Tickets $8 at door, $6 online more information HERE
10. RIVERSCAPE VIRTUAL WINTER YOGA
Join Tori of Speakeasy Yoga as she guides participants in a free practice using her virtual studio platform.
- Sundays in February at 10:00am
- FREE EVENT
- Class Links Shared ahead of each week
- Follow the Event on Facebook for weekly class links HERE
11. MAPLE SUGARING-CARRIAGE HILL
- Carriage Hill MetroPark 7800 Shull Rd,. Dayton, OH 45424
- all ages, FREE
- Saturday, February 19th, 10:00am-4:00pm
- No Registration Required
12. CUPID’S UNDIE RUN
Every February, thousands of undie runners in cities all across the U.S. come together, whether it be in-person or virtually, to support those affected by NF, a genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body and affects 1 in every 3,000 births. Cupid’s Undie Run kicks off with drinking and dancing, then we jog it out with a mile(ish) run and end it all with an epic dance party!
- Dayton Brewery & Pub Dragon’s Plaza 329 E First St., Dayton, OH 45402
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 12:00pm-4:00pm
- $45 Register HERE